Membership in GVGS
Membership in the Green Valley Genealogical Society is open to any person with an interest in genealogy.
Membership Privileges & Benefits
- Eight meetings each year (Oct-May) featuring programs on a wide range of genealogy topics presented by knowledgeable and informed speakers.
- Subscription to our monthly newsletter, Past Tracks (published Oct-May), and access to archived issues.
- Opportunities to meet and exchange information with other researchers.
- Discount pricing on our annual seminar held every February. Past seminar speakers have included Thomas MacEntee, D. Joshua Taylor, and Judy Russell.
- Topical Special Interest Groups (SIGs) designed to help members with genealogy research and education.
- Volunteer opportunities. Many GVGS members volunteer their time in helping our society promote genealogy and family history research.
- Access to the Members Only section of our website.
What's Available in the Members Only Section
- Profile - Your individual Member information
- Past Tracks - in pdf format; includes current and back issues through 2015
- Secure Download - contains Meeting & Seminar Handouts, in pdf format, that you can download
- Photo Gallery - of monthly meetings and seminar events; includes current, and past years
Membership Categories and Dues
GVGS' membership year begins October 1 and expires September 30 of each calendar year.
- Individual Membership – $25.00 per year (includes electronic subscription to Past Tracks)
- Family Membership – $30.00 per year (includes electronic subscription to Past Tracks)
Joining Online Is Quick & Easy
Our new Online Join
feature is a streamlined, easy-to-use tool offering 3 ways to pay – you can pay using a credit card through PayPal, you can also pay using your own PayPal account, and you have an option to pay with a check by printing out an invoice and mailing it, and your check, to GVGS. It's easier than ever to become a GVGS member! Click this LINK
to get started!