How to Use the New Library Catalog
Sorting the Catalog List
To sort the list, click on a column header (Title, Author, Call Number). A black arrow, pointing either up (ascending) or down (descending), will appear next to the header title. Click the black arrow to switch from up to down. (The Actions column has eyeballs. Click on the eyeball to get additional details, such as an acquisition date, on a title. Right now, only the books added since January 2017 will have an acquisition date.)
Printing the List You Just Sorted
To print the list you sorted, click on the green PDF List button in the grey box at the top left of the list.
Using Filters to Search the Library Catalog
To filter your search for a more manageable list of books:
1. Click on the drop-down arrow for "Subject" or "Surnames" or "Location" or "New Additions" or "Donors".
2. Click on a specific category in the drop-down list to further filter and narrow your search.
3. You can sort the new list you just created (see paragraph above on Sorting).
4. You can print the new list you just created (see paragraph above on Printing).
5. Clear your search by clicking on the "broom" icon. Tip: when you do this, the complete library listing will re-appear.
Search by Call Number, Title, or Author
To begin your search:
1. Click on the drop-down arrow for "Search" to choose "Author", "Call Number", "Title" or "All Listed Fields".
2. In the For box, enter the corresponding information (i.e., if searching by Author, enter the Author's name). Tip: you don't need to enter the entire title of a book.
3. Then, click the "magnifying glass" icon to start your search.
4. You can also sort the new list you just created (see paragraph above on Sorting).
5. You can also print the new list you just created (see paragraph above on Printing).
6. Clear your search by clicking on the "broom" icon. Tip: when you do this, the complete library listing will re-appear.
Important Note: books with Calls Numbers containing an asterisk (for example 973 X23f 1930* ) are located on the small/oversize bookshelf in the Library – helpful to know this in case you plan to visit the Library.
If you would like to print or download the above instructions, click here
Items You Won't Find in the Library Catalog
GVGS' extensive CD collection, and the list of webinars and periodicals are not in the Library Catalog. However, they are in reach with just a click of your mouse. Click on any of the items listed below and a PDF document will open which you can then print or download to your computer.